Dr Venkatesh Rajkumar : Best Kidney Specialist in Chennai Apollo Hospitals
Dr. Venkatesh Rajkumar M.D., D.M., F.I.S.N is a Consultant Nephrologist in Chennai (kidney specialist) and kidney transplant physician at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai.
Dr Venkatesh Rajkumar graduated from Thanjavur Medical College, one of the oldest government medical college in Tamilnadu. He completed his Internal medicine training from Madras Medical College(2006-2009), one of the premiere institutes in the country. He subsequently did his super specialization in Nephrology (DM) from the prestigious Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh (June 2010- June 2013). He did his fellowship in Interventional Nephrology at “The Catholic medical center, Seoul, South Korea through the “International Society of Nephrology” sponsorship. He is one of the few trained interventional Nephrologists in the country. He subsequently had his training in Continuous renal replacement therapies (CRRT) at the University of California, San Diego. He is presently working as a Consultant Nephrologist and Renal transplant Physician at Apollo Hospitals, Chennai. His fields of interest include renal transplantation, CRRT and interventions related to the Dialysis Vascular access.
Talks and presentations delivered :
Dr.Venkatesh Rajkumar has presented original research papers at various national and international forums. Some of his presentations include :
- Presented two papers at the Interventional nephrology conference “AVATAR 2016” held at New Delhi on Interventions in arteriovenous fistulae
- Presented a paper on “Endovascular interventions for immature arteriovenous fistula” at Dialysis access symposium held at Seoul, South Korea, 2015.
- Presented a paper on Vascular access at the Korean society of nephrology 2015 meet
- Presented a poster at the world congress of Nephrology 2013 at Hong Kong in Transplantation
- Presented a free paper on "New onset diabetes mellitus after renal transplantation" and won first prize in ISNCON 2012 held at Ahmedabad
Membership in professional bodies
- Life Member of the “Indian Society of Nephrology”
- Member of the “International Society of Nephrology”
- Member of the “American society of diagnostic and interventional Nephrology” (ASDIN)
- Member of AVATAR (Association of vascular access and interventional renal physicians), India
Publications in international journals :
Successful treatment of adult-onset collapsing focal segmental glomerulosclerosis with rituximab, Clin Kidney J(2013)6(5):500-502
Recurrence of ANCA – negative renal-limited pauci-immune glomerulonephritis in the renal allograft. Clin Kidney J.2013 Oct;6(5):519-522
IgG4- related tubulointerstitial nephritis presenting with psychiatric manifestations and skin lesions. Int Urol Nephrol.2014 Jan;46(1):235-8.
Conversion from tacrolimus to cyclosporine in patients with new-onset diabetes after renal transplant:an open-label randomized prospective pilot study.Transplant Proc.2015 May;47(4):1158-61.